Ground Water Department
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The groundwater department is a multi disciplinary scientific consisting of hydro-geologists, Geophysicists, Hydrologists, Chemists and Engineers and has its Head Quarters at Hyderabad, headed by Director.
The organization is engaged mainly in monitoring estimation and investigations / surveys for Ground water resources. The activities include hydro geological, Hydrological, geophysical and Quality aspects
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Ground water Monitoring
- Ground Water Assessment : GEC, Monthly Scenario Reports (Water level & Rainfall)
- Investigations / Surveys : WALTA, TSi-PASS, LPS, TSP, SCP, Customer surveys, Stream flow check points, Basin studies, Artificial Recharge structures site selection
- Drilling exploratory – cum production bore / tube well
- Environmental clearances : Industries, Sand mining, Clearance for minor irrigation works
- Ground Water Regulation
- Data Collection for GEC Assessment
- Monitoring for Mission Kakathiya & Tank Management (TSCBTMP)
- Externally Aided Projects (World bank) : HP-I, HP-II, NHP.