MANDAL REVENUE OFFICER
Job Chart for Mandal Revenue Officers
- Exercise general control and supervision over the Mandal Revenue Inspectors, Village Assistants, Village Servants and other subordinate special staff, working at Mandal level.
- Review fortnightly Tour Diaries of Mandal Revenue Inspectors and Additional Revenue Inspectors.
- Conduct general enquiries coming within the purview of Mandal Revenue Officer.
- Attend Protocol duties.
- Issue Community/ Solvency/ Nativity/ Income/ Family members Certificates.
- Enforce authority at Mandal level over the Provisions, Rules and Manuals, issued by the Government from time to time.
- Exercise the functions of an Executive Magistrate including Law and Order and exhume dead bodies on requisition from Police. Arrange Patrol duty of railway lines in time of emergency.
- Implement provisions of Bonded Labour
- Inspect irrigation sources, raingauges and settle irrigation disputes.
- Grant permission to take water from irrigation for agricultural and industrial purposes.
- Appoint village servants
- Pass order on cases against village servants
- Inspect trees standing on Government Poromboke a d prevent illicit felling of trees.
- Inspect quarries and prevent illict quarrying.
- Sanction subdivisions in Andhra Pradesh
- Lease salt lands and collect lease amounts on salt lands.
- Conduct Azmoish.
- Inspect survey marks.
- Inspect village chavidies, assignment cases, alienation cases, Lease cases,Encroachment cases, Waste Lands (Assessed or Unassessed),
- Pass orders in ‘B’ Memoranda land cases.
- Evict encroachments under Land Encroachment Act
- Assign lands for Agricultural/ house sites purpose.
- Confer pattas under Homestead Act.
- Issue tree pattas.
- Check village cash accounts and other important accounts maintained at village level.
- Fix Kist centres/ collection centres during kist season for collection of Water Tax.
- Collect land revenue loans, non agricultural assessment and all other miscellaneous dues to Government.
- Collect dues pertaining to other departments referred to Revenue Departments for collection under Revenue Recovery Act.
- Scrutinise and approve accounts prepared by the Village Assistant, Revenue Inspector for Jamabandhi.
- Inspect places effected by natural calamities and arrange relief works and disbursement of cash relief to the effected families.
- Process old age pension cases/ widow pension cases/ Agricultural labour pension cases/ physically handicapped pension cases.
- Verify old age pension cases / widow pension cases / Agricultural labour pension cases / Physically handicapped pension cases.
- Attend general Land Acquisition cases to the exent of powers conferred on MROs.
- Pass orders on Tenancy cases.
- Function as Asst. Returning Officer for Assembly constituency Asst. Electoral Registration Officer as far as General Elections are concerned.
- Make arrangements for free and fair conduct of elections.
- Deal with matters of public health and reporting of outbreak of epidemics and cattle diseases.
- Verify Births and Deaths at Village level.
- Inspect Fair Price shops, Rice Mills.
- Attend to all items of Civil Supplies Work/ Public Distribution systems and issue of ration cards.
- Dispose applications under Debt Relief Act.
- Dispose applications under assigned lands prohibition of Alienation Act.
- Exercise such powers as conferred under Board Standing orders.
- Attend to the work relating to agricultural census/ livestock census
General functions of MROs
- Maintain MPHS Data, issue SSID after enquiry.
- Maintain Land Records Data in Land Records Maintenance and Information System (LRMIS)
- Appoint agents under
- National Savings Scheme and Mobilize Savings
- Format new Self Help Groups & monitor the survival of old group
- Identify eligible persons under Adarana scheme.
- Identify Physically Handicapped for grant of benefits.
- Identify benefits under IRDP.
- Persons under Girl Child Protection and Family Welfare.
- Identify, motivate and publicize Pulse Polio
- Inspect Social Welfare.
- Inspect Janmabhoomi Works.
- Enroll Children into schools.
- Attend Literacy Programme and Back to school programme.
- Identify and supervise Housing and IAY schemes.
- Attend Janmabhoomi and maintain NFCN & IFN records.
DEPUTY MANDAL REVENUE OFFICER (MRO OFFICE)
Home About CCLA Department Profile Organogram Key Contacts District Portals RTI Act Login
The Deputy Mandal Revenue Officer has the following functions
- Deal with all the files that are sent to the MRO for orders.
- Furnish the progress reports on various items of review to the RDO Office and Collectorate.
- Maintain office decorum and discipline.
- Maintain records and record room
- Do overall supervision on the Superintendents and the staff.
- Act as the drawing and disbursing officer of the MRO Office.
- Maintain cleanliness and facilitate for smoother public interface.
MANDAL REVENUE INSPECTOR
- Visit the Villages and fields.
- Review the revenue functions of Panchayat Secretaries.
- Verify Account No 1 to 12, cash accounts etc.
- Enquire into Pothi Cases.
- Update revenue registry.
- Inspect crops.
- Verify boundary marks.
- Substitute lost sheets of FMBs, Fair Adangals.
- Do 100% Azmoish.
- Enquire and settle irrigation disputes.
- Propose remission for irregular irrigation
- Propose for remission of Taxes under various acts during adverse seasonal conditions.
- Initiate demand survey for social welfare land acquisition, take over possession of land, involve in Award enquiry, pay compensation and incorporate changes.
- Identify beneficiaries under various schemes of housing and other development activities like. Annapurana and Anthyodaya, NSAP, Drought, PH, Widow Pensions etc.
- Recover loans and installments from beneficiaries under various schemes.
- Effect recoveries under RR Act, Pauper Stamp Duty, Indian Stamp Act and all collectable items under various acts.
- Process D1, D2, D3 for attachment of immovable properties.
- Issue Caste, Income, Anawari Certificate after due enquiry. Maintain the time frame for issue of these certificates. Insist on Proforma I to IV in 5C/5A doubtful cases and see the nativity in these cases.
- Inspect the Fair Price shop. Check the weights and registers like basic register , sales register etc. Inspect the stocks to see that quality is maintained. Exhibit price list and ensure timely opening of shops. Monitor the remittance of DDs and lifting of Stocks and door delivery. Book 6A cases. Look into mediators reports.
- Mobilise national savings.
- Ensure that the beneficiaries under Land Reforms assignments are in continuous possession and recommend for issue of pattas in case all the installments are paid.
- Inspect the Inam Cases.
- Identify beneficiaries for assignment . Regularise Sivaijama occupations. Check violations of conditions under POTA Act .
- Evict unauthorised occupations.Ensure physical possession of the assignees in case of assigned lands.
- Recommend Legal aid to all SCs/STs.
- Give information for the Hand Book of Statistics.
- During elections give information on List of Polling Stations, routes, Route details, total electorate, sensitive villages etc.
- Help in conducting Population Census, World Agricultural Census (All Census matters) Cattle Census, Socio Economic Survey etc.
- During natural calamities like Fire Accidents, Cyclone, Floods, Thunder Bolts, Wild Animal Attacks, Loss of Life & Loss of property
provide immediate relief and send reports
- Should be Aware of Rules, Control Orders, Land Acquisition manual, Alienation, Atrocities Manuals.
- Maintain P.Rs., Tour Diaries, Advance Tour Programmes.
- Conduct JAMABANDHI and Settle demandcalculations.
- Give notices under Non Agricultural Land Assessment (NALA) and collect dues.
- Attend miscellaneous works relating to Quarries, Forest Reserve, Forest offences etc..
- In Agency Administration deal with Civil & Criminal cases,
- Attend the work of Registration and Stamps, Treasury and Trove, Evacuee properties and Bhoodan lands
- Act as Recording Authorities, Enquire & Pass orders in case of Records of Rights.
- Conduct Auction of fruits trees, Tank fish, Tank beds
- Perform Protocol duties
- Enquire into Grievances & petitions under Janmabhoomi. Revenue Sadassulu, CMP, MLA MPs Petitions etc.,
- Act as Village Nodal Officer
- Participate in Literacy programme, Akshara Sankranthi, Rathri Badi, back to School, Summer School etc.
- Act as Invigilator in the Recruitment Exams
- Other duties assigned by MRO & higher officers.
ASSISTANT STATISTICAL OFFICER
The Assistant Statistical Officer is trained in Computer operation and he is responsible for maintaining all types of data relating to the Mandal. He is entrusted with the following functions
- Maintain data related to rainfall, crops and population.
- Conduct crop estimate tests.
- Inspects crops to submit crop condition details.
- Prepare periodical reports on births and deaths
- Assist the MRO in conducting livestock census, population census and other surveys taken up by the government from time to time.
- Send report on above items to the District collector after approval by MRO and later to the department of economics and statistics and planning department at government level
- Pointing out of ‘Field’ Lines / demarcation of boundaries on application & payment of prescribed fee (Rs. 100 for one field working day)
- Creation of SD on patta lands on payment of Rs. 100 per subdivision & SD of Assignment / Ceiling / LA / House Sites & land purchase schemes for agrl.
- Incorporation of changes in FMB / Tippons and Village registers
- Renewal of missing stones at field & village level
- Preparation of layout for Rural & Urban Permanent Housing programmes & special housing programmes
- Measurement, mapping of subdivisions of L.A./Assgnt/ Ceiling /H.sites/ ROR. 100 SDs per annum
- Demarcation of lands on application from general public 40 petitions per annum
- Refixation, Encroachment, Layout plotting 100 days per annum
VILLAGE REVENUE OFFICER
- G.O.Ms.No. 195, Revenue (VA.I) Dept., dated 30.12.2006.
- G.O.Ms.No. 105, Revenue (VA.I) Dept., dated 31.01.2007.
- Representation of the A.P. VROs Association, dated 1.3.2007.
- Minutes of the meeting of the Group of Ministers held on 3.4.2007.
- G.O.Ms.No. 199, PR&RD (Mdl.II) Dept., dated 18.5.2007.
- Government Memo. No. 15590/VA.1/20072, dated 15.6.2007.
- From the CCLA, Hyderabad Lr.No. A3/24/2004II, dated 20.6.2007.
- In the G.O. 1st read above orders were issued creating Revenue functionary at Village level under the exclusive administrative control of the Tashildar (MRO) to handle the work relating to Land Revenue matter at the Village level. In the G.O. 2nd read above orders were issued creating the post of Village Revenue Officer and the job chart to the Village Revenue Officers is also issued. It was also ordered to recast the Job chart of Panchayat Secretaries working Panchayat Raj Department by the PR&RD Department.
- The Cabinet Sub Committee consisting of Minister for Panchayat Raj, Minister for Revenue and Minister for Home, met on 3.4.2007 have approved the new Job chart of the Panchayat functionary i.e., Panchayat Secretaries of PR&RD Department as well as the modified Job chart of Revenue functionary i.e., Village Revenue Officers.
- In the G.O. 5th read above, the Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Department have issued revised Job chart to the Panchayat Secretaries of PR&RD Department as per the minutes of the meeting of the Group of Ministers held on 3.4.2007.
- The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Hyderabad in his Letter 7th read above has requested the Government to issue a notification relating to allocation of subjects to the Village Revenue Officers as per the minutes of the meeting of the Group of Ministers held on 3.4.2007.
- Government after careful examination hereby decided to issue the revised Job chart of the Village Revenue Officers of Revenue Department in modification of the Job chart issued in G.O. 2nd read above, as follows:
- General Administrative / Revenue Duties:
- Maintenance of Village revenue record sand all Village revenue Accounts promptly and accurately.
- Collection of Land Revenue, Cessee, Taxes and other sums pertaining to Revenue department.
iii. Azmoish of crops (100%) inclusive of inspection of survey stones.
- Issue of Certificates: The Village Revenue Officers shall issue the following certificates in their respective Villages duly
following the procedure:
- Nativity certificate and Solvency certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Pahani / Adangal extracts
- Provide intimation regarding fire accidents, floods cyclone and other accidents and calamities to the higher officials whenever and wherever they occur and provide assistance to the Revenue Officials in assessing loss sustained because of natural calamities and in providing relief.
- Inform the Railway Station Master of any mishap or unusual occurrence of floods that might need urgent action to prevent mishap.
vii. Preparation of pay bills of Village Servants.
viii. Maintenance of Village Chavadies.
- Protection of Government lands, Government tanks, trees and other Government properties and take effective steps to safeguard the interest of Government.
- Inform promptly to the higher officials in respect of treasure trove and unclaimed property and escheat.
- Intimate the Mandal Revenue Officer/Tahsildar of any intended demolition of ancient buildings and any inscriptions on any such ancient monuments which would have archaeological, cultural heritage importance.
xii. Preserve and safeguard Government lands and properties form encroachments, damage or misuse include the lands available to the public, such as, roads, streets and open spaces in and near their villages.
xiii. Report encroachments damage or misuse of Government lands and damage to Government property promptly to the Mandal Revenue Officer/Tahsildar and take effective followup action.
xiv. Provide assistance to the concerned authorities while issuing the proceedings under the provisions of Revenue Recovery Act by obtaining property details.
- Assist the authorities in serving of legal notices and summons.
xvi. Cause beat of tomtom and adopt other methods for infoming people about events.
xvii. Assist in loan recoveries.
xviii. Conduct Panchanama in recovery of unclaimed property.
xix. Keep Government attached property in safe custody.
- Assist in preparation, updation of electoral rolls and perform other election duties as the government may direct.
xxi. Attend the meetings convened by Gram Panchayat in their jurisdiction and on request to furnish information relating to sanction of pensions, number of ration cards in circulation, house site pattas distributed and on other matters relating to Revenue Administration.
xxii. Assist Andhra Pradesh Transaction Corporation in its operations at village level and inform about the theft, pilferage of electricity to the concerned authorities.
xxiii. Act as “Inspector” under Minimum Wages Act, 1948 as and when notified by the Competent Authority.
xxiv. A Village Revenue Officer when called upon to do so, produce the account, registers and other records, maintained by him or which are in his custody for inspection of any revenue official or any other officer authorized by the Collector, RDO or Tahsildar. Except when called upon to produce his accounts and other records as mentioned above, the Village Revenue Officer shall keep the accounts, registers and records in his personal custody.
xxv. In the event of transfer / suspension / removal / dismissal / retirement or proceeding on leave other than casual leave, he shall hand over all the accounts, registers, records and the like to the person duly appointed by the competent authority or authorized to take charge by the Tahsildar.
- Police functions:
- Give prompt information to the police Department regarding murders, suicides, unnatural deaths and other important developments which may threaten peace in the village.
- Inform the police of strangers of suspicious appearance who have entered and taken refuge in the village.
iii. Prevent the commission of any offence or public nuisance.
- Take measures to bring the offenders to justice.
- Search for stolen property and bring to the Police Station.
- Preserve intact the scene of offence.
vii. Take charge of unclaimed property and send to the Policy Station.
III. Community Welfare and Development:
- Assist the concerned government department in the implementation of important Government programmes such as Indiramma Prabha, Indira Kranthi Pathakam, National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme etc.,
- Furnish data on income levels of persons in the village prepared on the basis of government guidelines issued in that regard from time to time.
iii. Do necessary documentation and assist in the implementation of Weaker Section Housing Programme.
- Report on the atrocities against women and children to the authorities concerned and take action within 24 hours.
- Report cases of atrocities against Schedule Castes & Schedule Tribes to the authorities concerned & provide assistance to them.
- Strive for eradication of untouchability of providing access to Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes in Temples, and removal of discrimination in all forms against the schedule caste population.
vii. Report any outbreak of communicable disease especially Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis and Gastroenteritis to the nearest Primary Health Centre immediately.
viii. Attend meetings of Village Tribal Development agencies and assist them in preparation of micro plans and in implementing them.
- Assist the Education department in conducting the literacy classes.
- Assist in reconciliation of estimates of crop coverage with Azmoish figure for reconciling the crop area for crop insurance scheme.
- Assist the department of Agriculture in implementing its programmes and disseminating extension information.
xii. Assist in maintenance of agriculture statistics.
xiii. Assist in giving information to the concerned officials about any black market sales of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides.
xiv. Assist in maintenance of house hold data of weavers both within and outside Cooperation fold and their economic status.
- Issue Dependency Certificate for handloom weavers if any desired.
xvi. Function as Marriage Officer for the cluster of village under the Act for the compulsory registration of marriages in the
State (Act No. 15 of 2002)
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Government, Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Collector, Revenue Divisional Officer, Mandal Revenue Officers / Tahasildar or any authorized in this behalf.
- The Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Hyderabad all the District Collector in the State shall take necessary further action in the matter accordingly.